Got a forwarded video a few days back, and I skipped. Today finally I opened it the caption read
"When I forget to switch off my brain or I forget to keep it busy and the flashbacks hit, and it hits HARD."
This reminded me of that one scene by Mads in Another Round, where he is driving a car.
I felt it in my bones. Because I know, when it hits you, this is how it rolls. Often in public, often an overload but always when I feel alone, even when surrounded by a crowd. I used to think being in a crowd would help. Sic
There are times I am genuinely smiling and the ne,t minute I burst out with tears with no apparent trigger or reason.
I could get help and direction but the devil on my shoulder doesnt let me. The self loathing sometimes gets to me.
Anyhoo
-
Truly Madly Deeply